IMPORTANT: Snow Machine 2019 (the ‘Event’) by Hakuba Property Holdings KK (the ‘Promoter’ or “we”, “us” and “our”) is a fully licensed 18+ only event. No BYO. Food and alcohol available for purchase on-site. IDs required for all patrons and bags will be checked on entry. This is a drug free event. As the individual purchasing or holding the ticket to the Event (“you”, “your”) agree to be bound to the following terms and conditions (‘Terms’). We reserve the right to cancel any ticket purchased by any person who breaches these Terms.
Entry to the Event
- You must present your ticket for scanning upon entry for admission to the Event.
- The Event is a licensed 18+ event only. No exceptions.
- Valid Photo ID is required for entry to the Event (VALID Passport, VALID Driver License or State specific proof of age card). Attendees from overseas must bring their valid passport. Overseas driver’s license, student University and/or Public Transport cards will not be accepted. On request security have the right to ask you to legitimise yourself with further ID requests.
- A search of person or possessions may be required at the time of entry to the Event.
- Please arrive and depart in an orderly fashion and respect our neighbors.
- Strictly no passouts.
- All patrons and staff will be wrist-banded on entry to the Event. Wristbands are not transferable and must be worn at all times, patrons must not tamper with or remove them for the duration of the Event, if removed you may be ejected from the Event. Any patrons with no wristband that are on site will be ejected immediately. Wristbands remain the property of the Promoter at all times.
- The Event has a “Tops On” policy. Anyone not wearing tops (singlet, t-shirt etc…) will be rejected at the gate and refused service at service points throughout the Event. Anyone inside the Event not wearing a top will have their wristband removed and will be ejected from the Event. Patrons will be refused service at any service point unless wearing compliant attire.
- Any intimidating behaviour including posturing or “surrounding” patrons will NOT be tolerated and will result in ejection from the Event.
- No liquids are permitted on site for safety and security reasons. There is free water and sunscreen provided a the Event at various locations inclusive of First Aid locations.
- No food, alcohol or beverages are allowed to be brought to the Event.
- No weapons, glass, metal objects, fireworks, flares, glow sticks, laser pointers, umbrellas, portable seats, hampers, eskies, sporting equipment or dangerous goods are permitted at the Event.
- No animals are permitted at the Event (apart from authorized guide/companion dogs).
- No professional recording devices such as video cameras, GoPro cameras or audio recorders are permitted. Any media or persons found to be carrying media equipment (microphones, recording devices, camera etc.) or deliberately deceiving staff will be removed and banned from the Event for an indefinite period.
- The Promoter and the artists give no permission for filming, photographing or any recordings. Only authorised and fully accredited media approved by the Promoter are permitted at the Event. You may be filmed at the Event for the purposes and use, at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
- The right of admission is reserved and is also subject to the venues terms of admission.
- Keep your ticket in a safe place and safeguard it as you would money or regular tickets.
- Do not purchase tickets from a source other than the primary seller otherwise you will not be able to verify if the ticket is genuine.
- Unauthorised sale or duplication of this ticket will prevent your admittance to the Event. In the event that duplicate copies appear, the Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to all ticket holders.
- Entry will be refused if ticket is damaged, altered or defaced in any way or not purchased from an authorised point of sale.
- The Promoter and the venue practices responsible service of alcohol. Ticket price does not include beverages. Patrons behaving in a disorderly or inappropriate manner may be refused entry or evicted.
- If you are evicted from the Event or refused entry your ticket will be cancelled and you will not be allowed re-entry.
- Ticketing agencies may also impose their own terms of sale, which you should review.
- There is no reserved seating.
- Subject to Australian Consumer Laws, tickets will not be refunded after purchase.
Rejection of Entry or Ejection from Event or Transport
- Security staff are permitted to search; pat down or metal detect any patron upon entry to buses and the Event. Any person not compliant will be refused entry or removed from the Event without refund.
- Access to the transport facilities (if provided) and Event is prohibited or refused to people who:
- Are clearly under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other stimulant.
- Have been previously banned from our events, imposed by the Promoter or the administrative, legal or police governing bodies.
- Illustrate behaviour that intends to disturb the public peace or to provoke assault.
- Intentionally attempt to conceal prohibited items with the intent to bypass security screening.
- Are wearing gang related colours, Hi-vis clothing, or attempting to resemble any staff member; including unauthorised media vests, or uniforms that impersonate emergency service personnel.
- Are from unauthorised media outlets.
Changes to Event and Cancellation
- There are no refunds due to inclement weather (the show will go on, rain hail or shine, unless the entire Event is cancelled prior to gates open) or failure to adhere to any of the ticket information or these Terms.
- We reserve the right to cancel the event for any reason. In the event of cancellation of the event prior to the gates opening, we will provide a refund less an amount to cover the cost of ticketing.
- There will be no refund on any unused tickets if you or your invitees are asked/forced to leave, if you’re unable to attend the event or if the Event concludes before the advertised finish time.
- If the Event is terminated early, that is not considered to be a cancellation.
- Lineup, timetables, seating arrangements, staging set-up, audience capacity, venue, prices, times, age restrictions, food and beverage service arrangements may be changed at our discretion.
- If any provision of these Terms is held to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severed and where capable the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms will not be affected.
- These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of New South Wales with jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
- Copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights contained within the website shall remain at all times owned by the Promoter or our licensors.
- To the extent permitted by the law you release the Promoter (including our directors, officers, employees, consultants, contractors, agents and volunteers) from any liability for any damage, loss, liability or injury you may suffer in relation to your attendance at an Event.
- The Promoter will not take responsibility or liability for cloaked items, or loss or damage to personal property brought to or purchased at the Event.
- Where rides are available at the Event, rides will be ridden at your own risk. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for this.
- The Promoter reserves the right to vary these Terms after purchase of the ticket. It is your responsibility to check these Terms before attending the Event. The Promoter will not be liable to you for any consequences you claim to have incurred as a result of these changes.
Sexual Harassment Policy
Snow Machine believes everyone should feel safe during the music festival. We will help maintain this by not tolerating harmful behaviours, which may include non-consensual touching or verbal harassment. If a participant chooses to break these policies they may be removed from the fest. If someone or something makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, no matter how minor it may seem, please do not stay silent. You can report it to any Snow Machine staff member and they will follow your lead and work with you to try to make sure it does not happen again and that you continue to feel safe at our festival.
Snow Machine has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for harassment of any kind, including but not limited to: race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender presentation, sexual orientation, age, body size, disability, appearance, religion, citizenship, pregnancy. Harassment includes but is not limited to: stalking, verbal or physical intimidation, offensive verbal comments, physical assault and/or battery, harassing or non-consensual photography or recording, bathroom policing, inappropriate physical contact, unwelcome physical attention.
If you are still struggling to figure out what we mean by our anti-harassment policy here are some examples:
YOU SEE SOMEONE IN THE CROWD THAT YOU THINK IS ATTRACTIVE (I.E. WEARING YOUR FAVOURITE BRANDED T-SHIRT)…
DO – Take a moment to ask yourself, “does that person really want you to stop their music experience to be ‘hit on’?” Now, if you still think it’s a good idea, be prepared for rejection and be respectful by saying something specific like, ‘cool dance move’ or ‘great Weezer tee’
DO – Keep a reasonable distance between you and the person (NO ONE LIKES A CLOSE TALKER!). And be aware of social cues. If they move away from you or turn their head away that might be your cue to STOP TALKING.
DO NOT – Say “hey beautiful”, “sexy”, “cutie”, “punk-rocker” or ask them things like, “Why aren’t you dancing?” Don’t continue to stand near them or try to engage them if they are not interested.
WHEN THE MUSIC MOVES YOU TO START DANCING…
DO – Respect peoples’ space around you and dance in your own personal bubble and with your friends. If you happen to be part of a ‘mosh pit’ (or as parents call it a Mash Pot), just mosh with other people involved.
DO NOT – Grab someone and start dancing with them. Remember that song about whipping your hair back and forth? Even if it is great and fun, no one wants someone else’s hair in their mouth!
YOU ARE TRYING TO GET THROUGH A CROWD OF PEOPLE TO SEE YOUR FAVOURITE BAND…
DO – Remember that other people want to see the band. So if there’s no space ahead of them DON’T force your way to the front. If there is space, DO politely say excuse me.
DO NOT – Push, shove, or run over other humans. Know what’s a bummer? When someone pushes past you then stands right in front of you!