page-template,page-template-full_width,page-template-full_width-php,page,page-id-1415,page-child,parent-pageid-102,select-core-1.3.1,pitch-child-child-theme-ver-1.2,pitch-theme-ver-3.0.5,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,grid_1300,vertical_menu_with_scroll,blog_installed,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.0.2,vc_responsive

Hakuba Related FAQs

What’s the closest airport?

The closest airports are in Tokyo and you can fly into either Haneda Airport or Narita Airport.

How far from Tokyo is Hakuba?

3.5 hours by the quickest route. See the Travel Page for more details.

What’s the best way to get to Hakuba?

There are 3 options to getting to Hakuba. Please see our Travel Page for more details.

Where can I stay?

Visit our Accommodation Page for great package options which include Festival tickets, a 5 day lift pass, and accommodation.

How many Resorts are there?

The Hakuba Valley is comprised of 10 resorts accessible with the same Hakuba All Valley Pass. The festival pass includes access to Iwatake, Happo-One and Hakuba 47 over 4 days. There will be a festival on snow events at these resorts.

We recommend staying on longer in Hakuba and visiting the other resorts in Hakuba.

How do I Purchase Lift Passes?

4 day mountain passes are included in the festival packages. To extend the length of your pass enquire here

How do I rent Ski Gear?

There are several English Speaking rental shops in Hakuba and you can reserve your gear online here.

Can I take lessons in English?

Yes. We can reserve group or individual lessons for you with English speaking instructors here.

I don’t ski. What can I do in Hakuba?

Outside of the Snow Machine Festival there are lots of non-skiing activities in the Hakuba Valley including cultural trips to local temples, shrines, and castles, outdoors experiences like snowmobiling and snowshoeing, and great Japanese and Western dining options.

What Cultural Experiences are there in Hakuba?

Temples, Shrines, Onsen, Amazing Food, Taiko Drum Lessons, and Cooking Classes to name a few.

Can I rent a car in Hakuba?

Yes, If you have an international drivers license and are over 25 you can rent a car. 

Are there English speaking staff?

Yes we will have English speaking staff at the Festival and at your accommodation. Many of the restaurants and attractions in the Hakuba Valley will also have English speaking staff.

Can I travel from Niseko Hakuba?

Yes, but it is a long journey. It is easiest to fly from Sapporo to Tokyo and use one of the routes outlined on our Travel Page.

Where Can I Withdraw Money?

You can use the ATM at Lawson in Happo Village or the ATM at the Happo Information Center also in Happo Village.

Festival FAQs

How Do I get a Festival Pass

You can buy a festival pass here or a package including your Festival Pass, Lift Ticket, and accommodation here.

Can I Buy a Ticket for Just one Concert?

No, all tickets being sold are for the entire length of the festival. 

What time does the event start?

There will be an on snow event everyday from 13:00 to 16:00, followed by an apres event from 15:00-18:00, while the main stage is open daily from 18:00-22:00, with after parties into the morning.

Can I get a Refund?

No refunds will be issued unless the event is cancelled prior to the event commencing.

How do I get between venues?

There is an Inter resort shuttle that runs from the happo information center to Iwatake and Hakuba 47 resorts. Visit here for more information on bus times.

Where can I park?

There is a public car park in the center of Happo Village.

Can I Buy Food at the Festival?

Yes there will be several food vendors at the festival.

Can I bring my own alcohol?

No. Outside alcohol will not be permitted into the festival grounds.

What happens if it rains?

The show must go on! The festival will run regardless of weather unless weather conditions become dangerous and pose a serious risk to the safety of patrons and artists.

What should I wear?

Dress Warmly! Most of the events will be outdoors and temperatures will likely drop well below 0 degrees. Many of the events will have specific themes so please check our Facebook page for more details.

Are there pass outs?

Yes there are for all official venues.

Is the event 18+?

Yes for all official festival events. But Hakuba is family friendly and we encourage families like all ski resorts do.

Do the bars accept cash?

Cash and cards

Will there be cash out facilities on site?


What form of ID will I need?

You will need one of the following IDs on arrival and on your person throughout the entire event:     

  • Current Passport
  • Driver ID

Will there be vegetarian & vegan food options?

Yes, we have an incredible range of high quality food stalls and trucks catering to all dietary requirements.

What items are banned from the festival?

Alcohol, glass (perfume bottles under 100ml are permitted), food, soft drinks, metal cutlery, bottle openers, cans, more than 100ml of liquid (sunscreen, perfume, makeup), hydration packs or bladders, skateboards, milk crates, containers of liquid fuel, water pistols, weapons, illegal drugs, fireworks, fire twirling devices, flares, professional recording devices, laser lights, studded clothing apparel, any other items considered illegal or dangerous, animals, umbrellas, eskys, backpacks larger than an A4 piece of paper, shopping trolleys, camping chairs, deck chairs, bean bags, air beds, tables, tents, sun shades, aerosols.

Will there be bag searches at the front gate?

All bags are subject to a safety & security search upon entry. Any prohibited items will be confiscated & Snow Machine will not be responsible for them.

What type of camera can I bring?

You can bring anything from an iPhone to a disposable camera however we do not permit professional cameras of any kind. Any camera with a detachable lens is not permitted.

What medical facilities are available?

There will be full medical facilities available on site. Their tent will be easily visible on site. If you have any trouble finding our first aid tents, don’t hesitate to ask one of our friendly staff for assistance.

Ticket Information

Do I need to change the name on the ticket if I give it to a friend?

Yes. You can change the name on the ticket at anytime by clicking the link found in the confirmation email attaching your ticket.

I’ve lost my ticket email, can it get re-sent?

Try Resend my ticket. If you are still having issues, please contact help@iwannaticket.com.au  

Can I have the ticket on my phone?

Yes. As long as the barcode is clearly legible.

Other Questions

Can I work at Snow Machine?

Email info@snow-machine.com and be sure to include the event you’re interested in and your CV.

Who can I contact for more info?

Email info@snow-machine.com

For more information please Contact Us